Steps to Ensure a Successful Test Experience for your Students
- Distribute print copies of student information related to access to WebCT, and test completion, at the beginning of the term.
Please contact Shirley Lesch at ex2867 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request print or electronic copies of this information.
- Create a practice test for students to complete prior to the actual test situation to ensure that students are familiar and comfortable with the WebCT quiz process. The technology should not interfere with the students’ ability to successfully complete an online test.
- Ensure that the students know how to access WebCT before coming to the lab for testing. It is possible for faculty to check student access by taking the following steps
- Click Control Panel
- Click Manage Course
- Click Track Students. The Track Students area provides the date when students first accessed the course. You may want to contact those students who have never entered the course.
- Explain to students that they must have accessed WebCT prior to attempting to write the test. Problems with student PIN numbers sometimes take several hours to resolve.
Students need to clearly understand that it is THEIR responsibility to ensure access before they enter the lab. Refer students with access problems, in advance, to the following web address: http://liad.georgebrown.ca/webctassist. Here they will be asked to complete a form that provides necessary information to our technical staff.